Unless specifically stated otherwise, the images on this site are available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free:
- To Share: copy, distribute, and transmit the image
- To Remix: create derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Howard Lee Gayle and LazyPix.com must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the sample uses below.
- Share Alike: If you create a derivative work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
- Blog Post describing a trip to Texas
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of tank photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
Commercial use regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is not based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of images is allowed only if expressly granted by Howard Lee Gayle. Please use the contact form (via the menu bar at the top of this page) for licensing inquiries.
Sample Commercial Use:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about tubing
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
This text is based, with permission, on Trey Ratcliff’s Stuck in Customs site. Thanks, Trey.